About Me

My photo
i am an out going person who is living to the full and is enjoying the trappings of a student life. I also enjoy shopping and baking. “Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.”- Plato

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Shoes Glorious Shoes

My favourite season of the entire year is just around the corner and not just because the weathers nice (sometimes) and you can wear some lovely clothes, but because of the shoes - flip flops, sandals, wedges and high heels, let’s face it we’re spoilt for choice when it comes to summer shoes and 2011 is no exception, personally I’m not a massive fan of shoes with loads jewels or embellishments for  one reason really, I just think they make a perfectly good pair of shoes look cheap and tacky – even if the price of that pair of shoes is anything but cheap!  

A gorgeous pair of shoes can make a bad day instantly better whether they are a pair of Louboutins or from Topshop. The new season’s shoes are just to die for, bold colours and prints and higher heels than before. I can’t wait to dig out my gladiator sandals for yet another season, they are like an old friend, you know what you get when you wear them but they won’t be disappointed if you momentarily flirt with another pair of shoes. The bold designs of the Louboutins will complement many (if not all) of this seasons key fashion trends, however if you don’t really want to take out small mortgage just to get a pair of killer heels, then the high street is a must, these gorgeous Topshop Espadrilles are a snip at just £70.
I sometimes think that shoes are slightly underrated and designers of shoes don’t always get the media coverage they deserve, as shoes definitely turn a look from great to stunning, for example when fashion week comes around all we really hear about are the clothes or maybe I’m not paying enough attention, in which case the phrase could do better certainly springs to mind. One thing that we can be certain on is that shoes always have and always will be bold in design and style.  

 Looking at these all these lovely pairs of shoes is making me excited for the summer and what it has instore, I just want it to hurry up and get here. 

Ttfn xx  


2 comments:

  1. I've been on the look out for a pair of Spring heels! If only I could afford those lovely Louboutins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.office.co.uk/ have some great spring shoes and affordable to boot :)

    ReplyDelete